Monday, February 21, 2011

Our Reflections

When I first got to know that my group had been assigned to do on Fort Canning, my first thought was “Why?!” Out of so many other trails, we had to do on Ancient Fort Canning and that didn’t excite me at all.  I have been to fort canning park for various events so many times and I thought there was nothing much for us to explore. However, after some initial research before our trail, I was proofed wrong! I realised that Fort Canning that there are still a lot of sites in Fort Canning I never know off.

After our initial research on our stations in Fort Canning, there were a few stops that got me really interested in knowing more. One of the stations is the Keramat. I have actually walked pass the Keramat before but never take notice of the meaningful cravings on the pillars and the roof. We also had our fun at the spice garden and the picnic terrace. We came across several other interesting stories, such as the five kings, Singapore stone and the forbidden spring, in which I never know until we embarked on this heritage walk.

Many of times, we could only use our imagination to think about how Fort Canning and life would have been back then because most of these historical sites are not physically there for us to see anymore. However the information board placed at the possible locations did help us in understanding the history and stories better.

The Forbidden Hill - a familiar place where there are still more waiting for us to explore further. It was indeed an enjoyable trail with my friends. 

- Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment